Monday, August 5, 2013

Are You Where You Want to Be in Your Career?

Lately, I have been coaching several of my clients and friends on career decisions. Whether they are in the first, second, third, or fourth quarter of their career, trying to figure out what to do next is a complicated and scary proposition.
To help my clients and friends, I have developed a process to evaluate where they are in their career and where they want to be. Over the next several weeks, I plan to share with you details about the process.
For the process, I have developed four key questions:
  1. Are you passionate about what you are doing in your current job? If not, what type of work would make you feel more passionate?
  2. Are you utilizing and developing your full unique combination of skills and talents? If not, what type of work would make you feel more fully engaged?
  3. Is your work in harmony with your values? This would include personal, family, societal, and ethical values?
  4. Financially, are you making enough money to meet your current needs, to feel like you’re earning what you deserve, and to fulfill your desires now and in the future?

I am looking for stories to help illustrate the challenges people are facing in their careers. If you have an example, please post your current dilemma.
Next week I will share with you tips on finding your passion at work. If you have any suggestions, please post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment