Monday, February 11, 2013

Learn How To Relax


An important part of maintaining emotional control and staying healthy is learning to relax and pace yourself. Going full tilt, all the time, with no rest can lead to getting sick, making mistakes, or jeopardizing key family relationships. Here are a few of Dr. Rob’s favorite tips on how to take better care of yourself and to learn to relax:

1. I teach my clients how to meditate
2. I teach the process of self-reflection through journaling
3. I encourage my clients to schedule regular date nights with their significant other and one-to-one time with each of their children, including grown children
4. I encourage taking naps
5. I make sure my clients take all of their vacation
6. I suggest my clients take a 15 minute break every 90 minutes
7. I emphasize getting enough sleep (8 hours is the best)

For more about maintaining emotional well-being, take a look at my video on emotional intelligence and also read Tony Schwartz’s article “Relax! You’ll Be More Productive” (see links below).

LINK TO EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qfx_aFLfhw


Coach Rob
rob@leadersconnect.com
www.robertpasick.com


No comments:

Post a Comment