“We are such spendthrifts with our lives,” Paul Newman once told a reporter. “The trick of living is to slip on and off the planet with the least fuss you can muster. I’m not running for sainthood. I just happen to think that in life we need to be a little like the farmer who puts back into the soil what he takes out.” I’ve seen many examples of folks giving back to their community. Have you done enough yourself, to “put back what you have taken out”? Here are some questions to ask yourself:
1. What am I doing today to give back?
2. As you become more successful, what is your dream about how to give back to society?
3. How will you plant the seeds today to replenish what you have been given in life?
4. How will you teach your children the importance of giving back?
5. What example are you setting for your children and coworkers about the importance of giving back?
I’m interested in hearing your stories of ways you have been inspired by people “giving back”.
You can find more tips in Balanced Leadership.