Monday, April 2, 2012

Conversations With My Old Dog


Much of what I’ve learned in life comes from my conversations with my dogs.  Here are a few key learnings presented to you by my dogs, Lucy and Ruby (rest in peace).
1. Keep your possessions down to a few things and know where all your stuff is at all times.  We dogs never lose things even if we have to bury them.
2. Keep one pointed attention.  We dogs never do two things at once.
3. As you grow older, be comfortable with your serenity. It’s okay to sleep more of the time.
4. Don’t spend your life with the illusion of control.  You folks may get us to sit, but never to stay.
5. Hang your head when you do something wrong. People will quickly forgive you.
6. Accept yourself exactly as you are.
7. Use all of your senses, especially smell.  When something smells bad, don’t eat it.
8. Get over your anger quickly.
9. Don’t get your life so complicated that you need a    planner to remember everything you have to do.  We dogs get along fine without planners, iphones, ipads and laptops.
10. Be ready to play whenever the opportunity arises.
11. Stretch when you wake up.
12. Comfort people when they look sad.

For more wisdom my dogs, read about my book Conversations With My Old Dog http://www.readthespirit.com/book-for-dog-lovers/.

Coach Rob, Lucy & Ruby


No comments:

Post a Comment